Isuzu Australia Limited (IAL) and its related bodies corporate (we, our, us) recognise the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of Individuals in relation to their Personal Information.
Our Australia wide Isuzu Network (made up of Dealers, Authorised Service & Parts Outlets and Authorised Power Solution Outlets) are independent entities and as such, are responsible for their own privacy policies and practices. Please contact your Dealer or Authorised Outlet directly for further information.
WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Whenever we use the term “Personal Information” it has the meaning given to it in the Act. Essentially, this means any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- name, business address, mailing or street address, date of birth, drivers licence details (for example when you ask to test drive one of our Vehicles), telephone number and email address;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, and any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- vehicle and servicing details, including vehicle registration, purchase details, name of the relevant Dealer, service appointment bookings, vehicle service and repair history;
- vehicle information including location tracking where a Telematics unit is fitted;
- information collected from marketing campaigns, customer surveys, competitions entered into by you and your interactions with us including via social media;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us through our websites including cookies that collect users’ internet activity (see further below); and
- information you provide to us through our Authorised Network, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our online sites.
If you do not provide information when requested to do so, it may limit our ability to respond to your query or to provide you with goods or services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
IAL collects Personal Information in several ways. The most common circumstances in which we collect Personal Information are when a person:
- takes a test drive at an Isuzu Authorised Dealer;
- purchases a new Isuzu vehicle from an Isuzu Authorised Dealer;
- receives an Isuzu vehicle service and/or repairs, or purchased parts through our Isuzu Authorised Network;
- enters a competition or responds to a survey or research conducted by IAL or the Isuzu Authorised Network;
- attends an IAL event or an event where we are represented at a trade show;
- requests a brochure, joins a mailing list or requests to be contacted for further information
- enquires about an Isuzu product or service from IAL or the Isuzu Authorised Network;
- visits and accesses and uses our online sites;
- drives a vehicle fitted with a telematics unit to collect vehicle performance data including location tracking;
- has a conversation with our IAL representatives or personnel in the Isuzu Authorised Network;
- applies for a position or becomes an employee or contractor to IAL; and
- provides goods or services to IAL (where relevant).
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties including: companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities
SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION
Any information submitted will become the property of IAL and it shall be entitled to and may use the information for marketing purposes and to conduct ongoing communications with the sender.
The Internet is a large network of computers, owned and operated by many different individuals and organisations. There are no regulations, legislation or security mechanisms in place to protect any sensitive information sent through the Internet from misuse by any of these individuals. You should be aware that the submission of any personal information may be viewed and collected by third parties whilst in transit to our server.
Third party vendors, including Google, show our advertisements on sites on the Internet and serve these advertisements based on a user’s prior visits to our website. We can also use analytics data supplied by these vendors to inform and optimise our advertising campaigns based on your prior visits to our websites.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, your browser can be set so that the computer does not accept them. If you disable cookies some features of our platforms may not work properly or fully.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT, USE & DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect Personal Information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and provide the best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for numerous purposes including:
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to provide products, services and customer support to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our online sites;
- developing and improving our business;
- to understand our customer base and to evaluate our dealers;
- to monitor the performance of the online sites and to optimise the operation of those sites;
- to respond to any complaint made by you;
- for administrative purposes, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, research (including in relation to product or service development) and quality control in relation to IAL, contractors or service providers;
- any purpose we notify you of at the time of collecting information;
- improving customer experience and marketing including for product planning and research which may include via data analytics;
- assessing your suitability for employment or other relationships with us, including prospective franchisee or goods and services provider;
- analysis of vehicle performance, including road safety and use of technologies in the vehicle; and
- to comply with any rule, law, regulation, binding determination, direction or decision of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority. This includes the Federal Government of Australia, whereby under the Australian Consumer Law, automotive wholesalers and dealers must provide private information (owner and registration data) to the Government for the potential purpose of a mandatory vehicle recall.
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIALS
We may send you direct marketing communications for example Truck Power magazine and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax, email and other online communication tools, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list for marketing purpose.
We do not provide your Personal Information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing, other than our authorised entities as described above. We will only use direct marketing for the purpose of providing better customer service for customers who have purchased or are likely to purchase Isuzu products & services.
Please note a product recall is not considered direct marketing and we will contact you even if you have opted out of direct marketing contact.
Some vehicles may be fitted with a telematics device which will collect a range of vehicle performance data, that can be used to help customers monitor and improve the performance and fuel economy of their vehicle. Vehicles fitted with Telematics also contain vehicle location tracking information. As well as providing specific information to individual customers and Fleet Managers, IAL may also use this data in aggregate form for other commercial purposes such as providing third parties with annual trucking routes / usage data.
TO WHOM MAY WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating our online sites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you via other parties including, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, network administrators, debt collectors;
- professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- the Isuzu Authorised Dealer Network;
- suppliers, financiers, insurers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and Isuzu related purposes;
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent; and
- in exceptional circumstances we may be obligated under Australian Law, to disclose private information to Authorities or Regulators, or for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA?
We may disclose Personal Information to our related bodies corporate and third-party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes outlined above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your Personal Information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information. We may disclose personal information to some entities located outside of Australia including our data hosting and other IT services providers and other third parties located in countries such as European countries, USA and Japan where our parent company Isuzu Motors Limited is located.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, disclosure or modification. We may hold your information in either electronic servers or cloud storage or in hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or we are no longer required by law to retain.
As the internet is not secure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security or transmission of information you communicate to us online. We are unable to guarantee the information you supply will not be intercepted during transmission over the internet. If you elect to transmit any personal information or other information to us online, you do so at your own risk.
In the unlikely situation that Personal Information is lost, stolen, hacked or provided to an unauthorised party, we will fully investigate the matter and in the event of serious breach occurring we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017. We will notify the customer or the other third party whose private information has been compromised and will notify the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. We will provide affected customers with information on the breach and will recommend steps customers might take to reduce any risk or harm that might arise from the breach.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE CAN’T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all; this may include vehicle warranties, recalls and reworks, service reminders and warranty expiration reminders;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about Isuzu Care products such as finance, warranties, service agreements, discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- the content of our online sites may not optimise your use of our website, nor enhance the benefits you may obtain from our websites.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may request access to any of your Personal Information, by contacting us using the details set out below. If we have information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you a suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).
There may be times where we cannot give you access to the personal information you request. We may need to refuse access, if access would result in a breach of confidentiality or impact the privacy of others or for other legal reasons. If we refuse access, we will give you written reasons for that refusal.
If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is wrong or is not correct you can ask us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the Personal Information stating that you disagree with it.
To ensure we hold the most accurate information about you we ask that you notify us if you sell or transfer your vehicle. We also ask that you notify us if you purchase an Isuzu truck outside our authorized dealer network.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT A BREACH OF PRIVACY?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information set out below. We ask that you provide sufficient details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches is to request that the complaint be put in writing and to then be sent to our Privacy Officer at the address below and we will respond in writing within 7 business days.
Isuzu Australia Limited
66 Foundation Road
Truganina Vic 3029
Tel: 03 9644 6666
If you are not satisfied with IAL’s response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission. https://www.oaic.gov.au/Individuals/what-can-i-complain-about)